STOKE APPRENTICES NOMINATED FOR SENTINEL BUSINESS AWARDS
This week, four of 3aaa’s finest Apprentices have been nominated for awards at The Sentinel Business Awards, one of the biggest events of its kind in Staffordshire and South Cheshire area.
3aaa Stoke, along with the nominee’s employers, put forward the exceptional group for the prestigious awards. The victors will win a host of prizes:
- Each entry will be featured in The Sentinel newspaper and online – promoting businesses to tens of thousands of people across the circulation area.
- Winners receive the honour of being judged the best in their field as well as a bespoke trophy and certificate.
- Short-listed entrants can attend a gala dinner and awards ceremony as the King’s Hall, Stoke, in March this year where they will meet key business people from across North Staffordshire and South Cheshire.
The awards which all four have been nominated for are as follows:
- The Sentinel Business Awards – Apprentice of the Year.
- Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Apprenticeship Recognition Awards 2016.
Two of the Apprentices, Luke Hough and Callum Williams, were both interviewed by the Sentinel in light of their nomination. Callum has recently voiced an interest in becoming an Apprenticeship ambassador after having such a great Apprentice experience “My apprenticeship has worked out brilliantly, I’m so glad it has turned out to be the perfect opportunity for me. I have always been interested in marketing, and love writing and design so this brings it both together. I have to stick to our corporate guidelines but other than that I am given a lot of freedom to work on things like leaflets. There was a lot of training around the products we supply when I first joined, and some of it is very technical so that was quite intense. But this is a growing company and I want to grow with it and see how far I can go.”
Since starting his Apprenticeship, Luke has been going from strength to strength, “One of my favourite projects to have worked on was the company’s in-house Insight quarterly magazine which went out to 12,000 clients. I was also given the opportunity to travel down to London to represent the company at the National Enterprise Challenge which is sponsored by Ryman, whose chairman is Theo Paphitis from Dragon’s Den. I have also applied to be an apprentice ambassador which is someone who talks to youngsters about the value of apprenticeships. My apprenticeship has given me a great insight into the industry and has helped me kick-start my career. I am really keen to learn and develop my skills and I think I have come a long way from working in the Co-op.”
Below is the full list of applicants nominated for the Apprentice of the Year award in The Sentinel Awards:
- Luke Hough: Digital Marketing Apprentice started with PSR on 16/07/2015.
- Callum Williams: Digital Marketing Apprentice started with Central Medical on 22/06/2015.
- Gemma Powell: Digital Marketing Apprentice started with Abzorbed on 20/10/2015.
- Jade Boulton: Digital Marketing Apprentice started with Reels in Motion on 21/09/2015.
Congratulations and good luck to all of the nominees!
You’ll now find a 3aaa Academy in BEDFORD, BIRMINGHAM, BLACKBURN, BRADFORD, BRIGHTON, BRISTOL, CAMBRIDGE, CHELMSFORD, CROYDON, DERBY, EXETER, GLOUCESTER, GUILDFORD, HULL, LEEDS, LEICESTER, LIVERPOOL, LONDON, MAIDSTONE, MANCHESTER, MIDDLESBROUGH, MILTON KEYNES, NEWCASTLE, NORTHAMPTON, NORWICH, NOTTINGHAM, OXFORD, PETERBOROUGH, READING, ROMFORD, SHEFFIELD, SOUTHAMPTON, STOKE, SWINDON, TAMWORTH, WARWICK, WATFORD, WOLVERHAMPTON, WORCESTER and YORK.
If you are an Employer looking to transform your business, email: EMPLOYNOW@3AAA.CO.UK or a young person looking to take your first steps into an exciting career in IT, Web & Social Media, Digital Marketing, Accountancy, Business Administration or Financial Services, email: APPLYNOW@3AAA.CO.UK.
Alternatively, find out more about our Apprenticeship programmes: 0844 504 3174 or www.3aaa.co.uk.