BCS Level 4 Diploma
Our Network Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship will give you the skills to design, install, maintain and support communication networks within an organisation or between organisations. You will then go onto understanding network configuration, cloud, network administration, monitoring tools, and be able to give technical advice and guidance.
We will support you to advance your career in Technology whilst giving you the knowledge to apply directly to your role.
Benefits Of This Apprenticeship
- You will be able to design simple networks from a well-designed specification and apply appropriate security products and processes.
- You will be able to install and configure network components, including switches, routers and firewalls.
- You will gain an in-depth understanding of the principles of networking, protocols and associated technologies, as well as how to apply them.
- You will understand the architecture of the IT system for the business you work for, including hardware, OS, server, virtualisation, middleware and applications.
- You will be able to interpret written requirements and technical specifications for network activities and maintain accurate records of activities.
Typical Job RolesThese are just a few of the job roles you could do as a Network Engineer Apprentice:
- Network Technician
- Network Engineer
- System Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Network Specialist
- System Operator
Industry Recognised Qualification
On completion of your Apprenticeship, you will be awarded a Level 4 Apprenticeship in Network Engineering. The knowledge modules covered are: Network Principles, Network Systems and Architecture and Network Security.
Training And Mentoring
Your Apprenticeship will last around 18 months and will involve you coming into your local academy during the initial stages of the programme. Your local academy will then work with you and your employer to establish the timetables for your sessions.
You must submit a portfolio of evidence comprising of workplace tasks, which will be supported by evidence gathered throughout your Apprenticeship. Your local academy will explain further.
To be accepted into the 3aaa Apprenticeships' applicant pool, you must hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent.This must include English and Maths and you must demonstrate a proven passion for technology.